Saturday, November 21, 2009

Be a Warrior

I've been rereading one of my favorites, Wiccan Warrior by Kerr Cuhulain. It's not your average Wicca book! As quoted from the back of this book:
Being a warrior is not about fighting. It's about freeing yourself of limitations so that you can be truly creative and effective in life. In the current Wiccan community, many archetypes present themselves: Maidens, Mothers, Crones, Healers, Magicians -- but rarely Warriors. Wiccan Warrior is the first book to show Pagans how to access the Warrior archetype within. It demonstrates how to follow a path that is essentially the Wiccan Reded in action: "An' it harm none, do what thou wilt."
Written by a Wiccan police officer and martial artist, Wiccan Warrior combines personal insights and real-life anecdotes with ritual, magick, energy work, meditation, self-examination, and self-discipline.

I thought this was a good book for where I'm at in myself right now. I've pulled a phrase from this book and modified it slightly for my own use, "I will cause positive changes in conformity with my will." It simply tells me that if I want to make a change, any change, all I have to do is decide to change it which is something I've taught to my boys for years. Already it's helping me make small changes for the better. I'd rather not be doing laundry today but I want clean clothes for my family and me more than I dislike laundry so guess what I'm doing today? lol

Yes, sometimes things can be just that simple and it's good to be reminded. Thanks, Kerr!

4 comments:

  1. It's all about attitude, sweetie....and how you choose to look at things.

    Two people can go to the same place and have totally different spins on how they felt about it.

    I simply choose to experience something worth writing about. And POOF!

    Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I found your blog...
    I'm not too far in but I'm loving what I've read so far. You have a charming style and what you write is interesting.
    Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like a really interesting book! I will have to check that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn, you're so right and it's something that I've known all along but "knowing" it and "feeling" it are two different things. I haven't FELT lessons like that in awhile but I'm reaching for them again :)

    Jon, thank you so much! I'm glad to have you here and look forward to getting to know you better!

    Jupiter, I've been wondering where you were! It's good to see you and yes, I think this book is great :)

    ReplyDelete